Friday, March 8, 2013

Who Stuck a Pin In My Balloon

Whoa, today was the day when you have to remember, "don't sweat the small stuff, and guess what, it's all small stuff."  Challenging morning, set backs and hurdles that have tried to deflate my vision and take the air out of my sails.  Like sailing in the America's Cup Challenge and your sails going limp, can you imagine racing in NASCAR and running out of gas - yup that's what the challenges of this morning delivered for me.  Oh, but then I had to laugh it off, it's all small stuff I told myself.  Focus, stay determined and stay the course.  I mean who stays in a movie theater when the focus goes all blurry and they don't fix it.  Who sits at a sporting event when someone huge sits in front of you and you can't see.  No one I know, you leave because it effects the pleasure you are trying to get from the movie, the event, the play or whatever it may be.

So when the events of the day happened, I cast down those negative thoughts, effectively leaving them in the dust.  Giggled to myself and went about my vision - having effectively regained my focus.  Asked myself, what's my purpose?  What's my goal?  What am I trying to achieve?  Those 3 questions re-focused me and re-energized me.  No way was I staying in that place surrounded by negative thoughts and energy.  Nope, don't sweat the small stuff AND remember it's all small stuff.  Keep the goal in mind, remember the valleys I have come thru, the mountains I have climbed in the past.  I mean the obstacles that cluttered my path in the past seem like small speed bumps now.  So, this madness of today - doesn't even register on the "richter scale" of problems.  Not making a mountain out of an ant hill.  Ha ha ha....nope I got more urgent matters to handle.

Perspective is the ability to "change the channel" in your mind.  Keep the Big Picture perspective when you are facing trouble and trial.  Most of us have been thru much worse and we came out, maybe like those 3 Hebrew boys came out of the furnace.  Didn't even smell like smoke, they weren't burned, charred or even a bit smoldering.  They trusted that God would make a way, even when it seemed there was no way.  See, don't sweat it.  Do what you need to do to accomplish the goal.  Stay focused, don't waste precious time and energy dealing with peripheal matters.  They are just distractions and I'm focused and on point.

So, I popped my collar, brushed my shoulders off and marched forward like the best of Generals like Patton and MacArthur.  I got a game plan to carry out, family to provide for and protect, a wife to love and encourage, kids to support and push, no time for small talk.  The "countdown" has begun - 10-9-8-7......yea prepare for Blast Off cause I dont know about you - but time to BLOW UP in 2013.  Expect the Great my friends....what a wonderful day, don't waste it - enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment