Thursday, March 28, 2013

Living At A Level 10

So, this has been a very interesting and revealing week of training for the basketball team.  We have goals and dreams, but I am finding that we seldom have the drive and intensity required to meet those goals.  "I'm tired, I don't have my shoes, how long do we have to run, I can't do that, I have something to do tomorrow - I won't be at practice, my chest hurts..." and on and on and on.  So as I shake my head and ask for strength to handle this foolishness, I begin to see that my team is training at about a Level 5.  So, if you look at life thru the scale of 1 - 10, level 5 is about half - very mediocre.  I asked them again, "what is it you want to accomplish?"  Because something has to change - and the change only comes in 2 areas.  Either you up your effort - or you lower your goals.  Which one will it be?  Because this type of mediocre effort, won't accomplish those amazing goals.

So, I shift that thinking to our lives, to our goals.  How many of us are living at a Level 10?  Giving it our all every day.  Are we operating our marriages or relationships on a Level 10 or Level 5?  Are we operating in our jobs at a Level 10 or Level 5?  What about our family - what Level are we operating in?  Our goals, dreams and the vision for our life - Level 5, 8 or 10?  Do we wake up and recite our goals at a Level 10?  Do we wake up and go to work on fulfilling these dreams at a Level 10?  I mean, let me give you an example:  "uhhhh, good morning."  That's about a Level 3.  "Good morning honey, how you sleep?"  Up to about a Level 5.  "AHHHH, Good morning my love, lets get moving."  Hmmm, about a Level 8.  "YEAH, GOOD MORNING MY LOVE - WHAT A GREAT DAY, LETS GET THIS DAY STARTED..."   Level 10 - Achieved.  If you remember the movie, "Good Morning Vietnam" starring Robin Williams, you know what I'm talking about.  Bringing energy and intensity to everyone of your goals and injecting your dreams with excitement.  That's living at a Level 10.  We want to operate at Level 10 concerning our goals, exuding the confidence that is needed to achieve our dreams.  That's taking it to the Next Level. 

My goal today and every day, Live at a Level 10.  In every area of my life.  beginning with my marriage and family and then in my goals and vision.  To give my all, not shortchanging my wife or kids and definitely not shortchanging my goals.  This is a biblical principal that works, in Matthew chapter 7, Jesus says "and what measure you give, it will be measured back to you..."  What you put out, you get back.  So concerning your goals - if you want to just wing it everyday and make it up on the fly - then don't be surprised if you get "wing it" results.  If you put half an effort in achieving your dreams, giving it a Level 5 input, then don't be surprised if it takes longer to see the manifestation of your dreams.  Invest in yourself - you are your greatest investor.  If you don't give it your all, how do you expect others to pour into you. 

Try it today my friends, take it to Level 10 and see what the results are.  Take it to that level and watch things begin to shift and change.  Pour it into that dream, pour it into that vision at a Level 10 and watch....Blast-Off......Expect the Great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment