Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ready or Not - The Day is Here

Amazing day already and I am thoroughly inspired to do even greater things today!  I have learned, whether in business, in coaching or in ministry - "failing to plan is planning to fail."  Well the day has arrived - ready or not.  What I mean is that today is the day my wife was running a half marathon, yeah 13.1 miles - ready or not the day is here.  She has set a goal and was doing all she could to achieve it.  It arrived quicker than she wanted.  Prior to my hip replacement surgery, we were going to do it together.  We work out great together - pushing each other to maximum effort in one exercise or another.  But, she's solo today.  Pushing herself, encouraging herself to meet the rigorous demands of a half marathon.  Now I say "ready or not" because during her training she became ill and it set her back.  Once she recovered from that, she had to take a week long trip and attend to some family business, another set back in her training.  I mean she has business responibilities, family obligations and a household to attend to.  We had a huge team outing today that I desired her to attend, she could of used that as an excuse. More excuses to not be prepared to run.  I mean she could of cancelled today, she could of said, I'm not running, I just haven't been able to put in the training I wanted.  And neither I or anyone in our circle would of thought any less of her.  We would of encouraged her to meet the next challenge.  I mean I understand, I definitely do not like to perform in areas I am not prepared for.  BUT, instead of finding excuses not to run, she found reasons to run.  You go girl.  My inspiration, pushing me to go harder today than I had planned.  We always use the motto in coaching "Go Hard or Go Home."  Well she's going hard today, and she will finish what she started, she will cross that finish line with a great sense of accomplishment and a family there cheering her on. 

Whether it's your job, your business, your marriage, your family, your team or your game - the day may of arrived and you may feel you are not prepared and you cannot perform.  But you must encourage yourself and not give in and certainly don't give up.  In a book I have read over and over and over again entitled, "Who Switched Off My Brain" by Dr. Caroline Leaf expresses, "what we think changes the wiring of our brains and influences new thoughts, and our words and actions."  Can you believe that your subconcious mind processes 20 million environmental stimuli per second and performs 400 billion actions per second.  This means that healthy, life giving thoughts will lead to healing words and loving actions.  The same holds true for toxic thoughts and emotions.  The Bible is chock full of examples and parables that encourage us to prepare for every area of this life.  Even for the life that is to come.  The Apostle Paul says to the Church, "forgetting those things that are behind, I press forward to the high call..."  So my wife says, forget about what I couldn't do, forget about the training I didn't complete, forget about all that - I'm going to press towards the goal.  I'm going to focus on that Finish Line.  That's focus, that's determination, that's the attitude I blog about.  That's what causes us to "Blow Up."

So my friends, whatever today may bring your way - obstacles, hurdles and challenges - encourage yourself that you can't be stopped, you can't be blocked.  Keep the Finish Line in sight.  Your goals and plans will be achieved. 

If I just added you to my blog, support my vision as I support yours.  I follow my niece now in VA., I follow Pastor Alvin in NY and I will follow and support you.  We are a community built to encourage and support one another.  Simply click on suscribe/submit, add your e-mail and you will get my daily blog which is a part of my vision that supports the release of my book, the release of the Living in Ruins series and work book, the release of Defeating Discouragement.  Forward it to encourage others in your circle and encourage them to forward it to their friends.  This my friends is Blowing Up in 2013 - grab hold and enjoy the ride.  Expect the Great...

No comments:

Post a Comment