Thursday, March 7, 2013

It Doesn't have to Just be a Dream

You know sometimes we can really convince ourselves that it really is just a dream.  I mean really, a great marriage or finding a spouse, a great job or starting a business, fulfilling that goal of a degree or a brand new career, travelling abroad or whatever it may be.  A dream is defined as:  a visionary creation of the imagination. 

Sometimes the only limitations that we have are those we place on ourselves.  I'm too old for that, I'm too young for that, I'm too skinny or too heavy, I'm this or I'm that.  I mean it really is a heavy load, have I bitten off more than I can chew?  Whatever you tell yourself that determines your self image can limit you in fulfilling your dreams.  I mean I saw on TV the other day a 101 year old marathon runner.  I saw a 90 year old woman graduating from college.  There are No Limits my friends, only the ones we place on ourselves.  I was sharing my life long dream of becoming an attorney with a close friend of mine, telling him I had taken my LSAT and how difficult it was.  Thinking he would be encouraging, he replied, "man what the "h*&%" are you doing, it's time to consider retirement, not going back to college!"  I considered what he said, for about 5 seconds and then I dismissed his comments.  No, my dreams will not just be unfulfilled visionary creations of my imagination.  Nope, they will be goals - attainable goals, for me to achieve, regardless of age or the challenges of life I may face.  Don't let anyone be a "dream killer" in your life.  Dismiss that foolishness and press forward.  Some peoples only position in your life is that of a dream killer.  They desire you just "conform" to how everyone else has done it.  Get a job!  What, building my dreams is my job.  I mean I have been blessed to fulfill several dreams in my life that people "hated" on me about and I won't stop now.  Yeah, I could of made the law degree decision while on the Police dept. like a few friends of mine.  But I was caught up in other stuff.  Yup I certainly could of fulfilled that dream when I was blessed to open and operate my own business.  Nope, too busy making millions for that dream.  Shoot, I could of even fulfilled that dream while the biz was operating on "cruise control."  Nope, too busy playing golf 2-3 times a week.  BUT, ha ha - I made up my mind now.  This season of my life to fulfill a dream I have had from the time I was in my early 20's.  And no one can talk me out of it by telling me I'm outta my mind for doing at this late stage of my life. 

Make up your mind today, I'm not stopping.  Bigger, better, stronger, wiser every day.  This life is truly what you make it.  And we should all "Expect the Great" in our lives.  Don't limit yourself based on what you don't have or what you think you can't do or what the HATERs say.  Get motivated, I love HATERs, I'm thankful for HATERs.  Take it to the Next Level and make up in your mind - I'm Blowing Up in 2013, ain't no stopping me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment