Sunday, March 3, 2013

Time to Blow Up

It's been a tremendously long weekend, full of challenges and obstacles but I'm focused this month, shoot I'm focused this year and a few hurdles in my path can't stop me from "Blowing Up."  I use my spirituality and my relationship with God as my motivation to keep me pushing the envelope.  The Bible says, if God is for me, who can dare stand against me."  So I stand on this promise from God.  A promise, yes, a promise and what is a promise.  It's a declaration assuring something is going to happen.  So I have a promise from God that I'm going to "Blow Up" this year.  Yeah, I hear you...Ha ha ha a promise from God.  Now if you think that's hilarious, lets look at an example that will bring it home for you.  One I hope you can understand and see that God's promises are better than any man or woman's promise.

You know any woman whose been engaged before?  I do, shoot I've been on the offering end of some of those engagements.  But, check this out.  Once the sister receives that ring, accepts the promise from that brother to marry her, that sister's entire attitude and demeanor changes.  When she is out in the mall or at the grocery store, even in the bank and some cat tries to step to her.....Uh, without even saying a word, she simply flashes that ring finger - and that speaks for itself.  I'm taken!  Now she isn't married yet.  The date could even be a year or so away, but she is not even open to a conversation with any man.  She isn't yet married, but she "acts" like she is married.  She doesn't date anymore, she refuses to go to places or events that may open her up or expose to a bunch of mess and she doesn't give her phone number out to guys.  WHY?  Because she has a promise.  So then you understand when a month or two before the wedding, the brother says he has changed his mind and he no longer desires to be married or that he has met someone else that the sister......ha ha ha   Yeah the sister does what the sister does......

Well, they weren't married yet.  They were only engaged, but she had a promise from this man and she held that promise as truth.  She acted on the promise, reacted on the promise, presented herself based on the promise, planned on the promise, changed her lifestyle based on the promise.  Now if we can do all of that based on a promise from people, who can lie, deceive and disappoint us - why can't we react this way to God's promises.  Because "it's impossible for God to lie."  I encourage you today - find God's promises concerning you and then trust Him.  Believe Him and begin to live your life on those promises.  This year, yup - "I'm Blowing Up" how do I know this cause I trust God and He promised me.  Expect the Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment