Monday, April 8, 2013

Champions Take Action Whether You Feel Like it or Not

WOW, what a tremendous weekend of activity at Club Welch.  Goals achieved, accomplishments made and even higher heights have been set.  I heard the Preacher say, "I'm standing on the top rung of the ladder of success and I'm reaching even higher."  That's how I'm feeling right now, meeting and achieving your goals will push you to be more creative and imaginitive and reach for things that will blow folks minds.....so be careful who you share your stuff with...ha ha ha  

But one thing I'm learning through this process - Champions take action whether they feel like it or not!  Yeah, it's great to be motivated by reaching mountaintops - but what about when you aren't achieving your goals?   What about when you are facing setbacks?  What about after you have "failed" over and over again.  If you want to grow, mature and reach those goals - then get back up and try, try again.  Because to be a CHAMPION, you train, read, write, teach, sing, play, preach, mentor, speak, or whatever it is that you have been called to do even when you don't feel like it.  Setbacks are only set-ups for God to do some tremendous things in your life. 

You cannot allow fear, panic or worry to keep you from taking steps and chances towards your goals.  When I was a kid, I was a BMX bike riding King.  Yea, before X-Games was created I was an Evil Knievel "wanna be" daredevil.  I would watch as Evil would fire up that motorcycle of his and jump anything...cars, busses, people, buildings and eventually Snake River Canyon.  Evil was a thrill seeker and the King when it came to daredevils.  So I would practice by jumping paperboxes (wow really dating myself now LOL), then other kids bikes, then the kids themselves and eventually my brother's Pinto.  Now both the bike and I suffered alot of breaks and bruisies, cuts and gashes...but I never quit on that dream of being Evil Knievel.  My bike had been repaired so many times that my father eventually took it to work and welded huge pieces of steel on the frame to keep it from bending & breaking.  And off I would go, to ride, jump and crash.  BUT - I always got up again.  Good weather, bad weather, snow or rain - off I would go to ride that bike and find something or somewhere to jump.

Well it's the same today - good weather or bad weather (and trust me I've had lots of cloudy days and stormy days in my life) but I've never given up.  I take action when I'm up or down.  You ever heard, "faith without works is dead" - yea put some feet to your faith and take ACTION today.  Make it happen my friends.  Whatever it is:  the job, the career, your own business, your marriage, your kids, your family, your song, your CD, your book....whatever that dream is...take ACTION today.  Do one thing today that moves you one step closer to your goal. 

Expect the Great today.  Bust a Move.....hey, share this blog with a friend or a family member, support the dream, support the vision....Be Blessed my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment