Monday, July 8, 2013

This Joy I Have....How About You

"Leaping for Joy" in the days and times of the past week or so seems unimaginable to many.  I mean we have trials going on around the world that puts friends & families at odds, wild fires that have taken the lives of 19 brave firefighters, military coups and wars, airplane crashes and more...How in the world, in the midst of all these world events, let alone our own personal crisis, how do we keep the thought of leaping for joy at the forefront of our thoughts?

Well, as believers in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Apostle Paul instructs us in 1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God concerning you."  In my research of the original language, the adverb actually came first, which would cause the scripture to read, "Always rejoice..."  Paul teaches us through scripture to rejoice when things are great, good, not so good and really, really bad.  Wow, you may be saying, "well that was Paul and he's not dealing with what I'm dealing with."  Yet in the 4th chapter of the book of Philippians Paul says, "rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice."  Pressing his point that no event, situation or circumstance should supplant your praise and adoration for God.  Oh, and should I fail to mention Paul was in prison, not just any prison but, awaiting the death penalty.  He still goes on to say, "hey, I may be in prison, I may be facing the death penalty - but I've learned to be content."  Yikes, he wants us to not only rejoice, praise, worship and be grateful, but he wants us to be content.  YES, my friends, absolutely.

This life will, at times, push us to the limit.  That is why we need God, His Holy Spirit and the love of Jesus Christ in our lives.  We cannot take the challenges, obstacles, events that erupt in our lives without notification.  I'm not saying it's easy, and I'm not saying that I always succeed in this area, but I'm pressing towards that mark.  I'm connecting with others who are living that area of scripture out and learning everyday how to leap, shout and rejoice no matter what.  Lets support and encourage one another as we grow in this life of the Lord - not criticize but support and encourage to do better.

Be blessed my friends - Expect the Great!  Share this blog with your friends and family, we never know how your words and actions can change someone's life...

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! That Paul example is, as I read it, A real example of "peace that surpasses all understanding"! Good Word, Preacher!

    ReplyDelete